Monday, September 15, 2014

My Surgery Results Look Great So Far!

I had my first post-op with Dr. Jobe, he was very pleased with the surgery results.  Check out the WAY COOL x-rays, woo-hoo!!

I didn't realize this, but he also put did bone graft along with the hardware.  The bones have to grow in to fuse the vertebrae, because eventually the hardware by itself would loosen up.  So I still have a lot of restrictions so as not to interfere with the bone growth, but...

  • I don't have to wear the collar except for exercise or any physical activity.
  • I can start light aerobics now (like the elliptical machine, yay!!).
  • I can start exercising my arms and shoulders in another 4 weeks.
  • I can start hang gliding 6 months after the surgery.  That's Feb 19th.
Thanks to the grace of God, the Zuñiga family in Pamplona for taking care of me the week after the accident, the Nerlich family for the following two weeks, the amazing Dr. Jobe, and the support, encouragement and prayers of my wife, family and friends!!





No comments:

Post a Comment